Detailed Understanding: Surf Fishing Rods
Surf Fishing is done by following a strategic surf fishing technique called surfcasting. Surfcasting helps the user in casting bait or a lure at a necessary distance to reach and capture the targeted fish from the shores. Hence in order to surfcast, users require surf fishing rods. Surf Fishing Rods or beach fishing rods are fishing equipments for catching fishes in saltwater. Aimed at reaching quite a long distance, users can easily fish their targeted one from shoreline itself. Users can undertake basic surf fishing with the help of surf fishing rod spanning from a length of 7 feet to 18 feet long. The surf fishing rod is equipped with a butt section and conventional or spinning casting reel. Along with reel and rod, it is essential for the user to have a terminal tackle, lure or bait. Hooks, Lines, Swivels and leaders form the components of terminal tackle.
Regular surf fishers are well stocked with necessary equipments namely surf fishing rods, tackle, terminal, lures, baits, etc…, Available in different length, weight and specifications, surf fishing rods and its related equipments come as per the requirements of the users. They are capable of fishing salt water fishes. The make and finish of surf fishing rods completely depends upon the fishing conditions and type of targeted fish. Hence, surfcasters select their surf fishing rods after adjusting reels, terminal tackles, hooks, swivel, etc…, It is essential to choose such fishing rods that are resistant to salt, corrosion, abrasion, etc…,
Functioning of Surf Fishing Rods
Before going ahead with surf fishing, it is very essential for users to take a note of certain things. Surf fishing is done from the shoreline region and hence users must prepare their surf fishing rods in a way that can easily trap fishes coming near shoreline of in surf. Firstly surf fishing users must cast their lure or bait in most artificial manner. The lure should be resistant to handle the bites of targeted fishes. Majorly fishermen opt to place spoons, soft plastics, jigs, plugs, etc…, as a lure or bait for attracting and trapping fishes. Users can easily purchase artificial lures from tackle shops, local bait, online tackle sellers, fishing expositions or at specialized fishing catalogs. Since fishing conditions change with time, it is advisable to carry a surf bag which comprises of different types of surf fishing lure or baits. Regular surf fishermen opt to go for such method prior to initiating surf fishing.
Surf Fishing Rods comprise of several equipments which facilitate a smooth process of surf fishing. Apart from lure and bait, the surf trolling rods also comprise of other essential equipments namely waders; Hooks, Lines, Swivels, etc…, are used for surf fishing. While the user places the surf fishing rods near shoreline, the fishes get attracted towards the lure or bait that comprise of luring items. While the user is surf fishing towards waves, the wader enables the user to place the rod in surf situations. This enables the user to fish easily from a distance. There are different types of waders that are used to fish in different conditions. Users can opt for full length and chest high waders that aids in fishing in complex situations as well. Waders also prevent the fishermen from biting fish, crustaceans, sting fishes, etc…,
Benefits of using Surf Fishing Rods
Surf Fishing is quite prevalent in countries like United States of America. People not only pursue this as their occupation but also love to spend their time surf fishing with their kids and loved ones. Surf Fishing is done on the shores and so it is very essential to use an ideal surf fishing rod. So what is the necessity of using a surf fishing rod? Surf fishing rod is the most important equipment for effective surf fishing. Explore the following benefits of using surf fishing rods:
1. Surf Fishing Rods facilitate users to easily perform surf fishing. Ideal for saltwater fishing, surf fishing rod can capture fishes easily.
2. Surf fishing rods enable beginners, kids, children, adults, senior citizens, etc…, to surf fish easily.
3. It is available in different shapes and sizes; thus meeting the key requirements of different fishing conditions.
4. Since surf fishing can be easily done from shores; the surf fishing rod is built in a capable way that it can span to a large distance.
5. They are generally available in a size of between 10 to 14 feet. Hence, they have a far better reach than fishing from any other rod.
6. Surf Fishing Rods are widely available across several brands. Users can easily opt the one that has an ideal make meeting the requirements of the user.
How to select an ideal Surf Fishing Rod?
Before going in for an ideal surf fishing rod, it is essential for users to check in different parameters. There is a wide collection of surf fishing rods that needs to be understood first. These rods are available for different purposes. As conditions in water changes, it is very important to use an appropriate fishing rod. Explore the following key points that are required to choose the best one for your surf fishing.
1. Understand well: Before going in for the final decision, it is very essential for users to understand and take a deep know how of the different types of surfing rods available in the market.
2. Fishing Condition: The decision of purchasing a surf fishing rod largely depends upon the water condition. For fishing small ones, it is ideal to go for rods with small baits which can catch these fishes easily in shallow water. For large fishes, users must ensure larger hooks, lures or baits for handling the weight of heavy fishes.
3. Combo Kit: In case beginners are initiating their hands in fishing then they should go for a combo kit. In a combo kit, beginners can find paired rod, compatible reel, lines, hooks, anglers, etc…,
4. Action of Fishing Rod: Surf Fishing rods are available for fishing in different action mode. The rod’s action is majorly dominated by factors like fish size, species, location of fishing, etc…, As a result of this, users can easily find fishing rods namely; slow Action Fishing Rods, Medium Action Fishing Rods and fast action fishing rods.
Top Brands present in this segment
1. Daiwa Beefstick Surf Spin Rod, 2 Piece: This 2 piece surf fishing rod is simply a spectacular one. With a superiorly strong fiberglass make, the rod ensures to be resistant to water, abrasion, corrosion, salt and fish bites. It is equipped with non slip EVA grip rubber butt cap, composite seat made up of stainless steel. The rod measures at 10 feet which is ideal for surf fishing.
2. Hurricane BB2 2 Piece Surf Rod: This 2 piece rod is known for its superior make, built and high end quality material used in its manufacturing. It is made up graphite which ensures to be resistant to water, abrasion, corrosion, salt and fish bites. The rod consists of Graphite reel seat, cork handle, cushioned hoods, etc…, for strong and resistible grip.
3. Tica UMGA Series Surf Spinning Fishing Rod: The fishing rod is available in 2 piece or 1 piece format. With strong TC2 Graphite material, the fishing rod is resistant to water, abrasion, corrosion, salt and fish bites. It also comprises of high and premium finish Zirconia ring guides, TICA sliding foldable hook keeper and non slip cork tape handle.
4. Penn Prevail Surf Rod: Penn Prevail Surf Rod is a part of a special collection of Prevail by Penn Fishing. Powered with a two piece graphite composite blank, the fishing rod is capable of fishing in any condition. There are stainless steel frames as well that comprise aluminum oxides as well. This aids in making the rod light in weight and price friendly.
5. Tica UGSA Series Surf Spinning Fishing Rod: This two piece rod from Tica is also known as Dolphin’s rod. These rods are made of superior TC3 graphite material. This is specially designed along with a high end Fuji alconite tip top guide and hardloy ring guides. There are other components namely reel seat, hook keeper, etc…,
6. Tica Surf Casting Fishing Rod: This offering by TICA is strong in built and durability. This is specially designed along with a high end Fuji alconite tip top guide and hardloy ring guides. There are other components namely reel seat, hook keeper, etc…, The rod is specially designed for west coast surfing for salmon, stripers and perch.
7. Okuma’s Solaris Surf Fishing Rods-SS-C-1102H-2 (Black, 11-Feet): These rods are known for its powerful actions done while surf fishing. These rods are made up of IM 6 graphite blanks. Graphite blanks are used to make the rod lighter in weight and handling while the user is out for surf fishing. They are equipped with high end responsiveness and durability. It consists of Fuji guides, rear grips, cork wrapped fore, etc…,
8. Okuma’s Solaris Surf Fishing Rods-SS-C-1002H-2 (Black, 10-Feet): These rods are known for its powerful actions done while surf fishing. These rods are made up of IM 6 graphite blanks. Graphite blanks are used to make the rod lighter in weight and handling while the user is out for surf fishing. They are equipped with high end responsiveness and durability. It consists of Fuji guides, rear grips, cork wrapped fore, etc…,
9. Tica UKGA Series Surf Spinning Fishing Rod: This two piece rod from Tica is also known as Dolphin’s rod. These rods are made of superior TC3 graphite material. This is specially designed along with a high end Fuji alconite tip top guide and hardloy ring guides. There are other components namely reel seat, hook keeper, etc…,
10. Tsunami Airwave Elite Surf Spinning Rod TSAWESS-962M: The rod is well equipped with high pressure and unique production techniques that it makes fishing experience full of strength and durability. The rod is lighter in weight, strong, powerful, high on performance, etc…, The rod is capable of performing all day casting with strong anglers. The rod consists of Fuji ConceptTM Alconite guides, proof guides, vinyl grips, Stainless Steel Reel Seat Tough, Blue Water Rods, Titanium frames, etc…, Since the rod is light in weight, it enables the user to handle the rod efficiently while the fish is caught in bait.